It’s always inspiring to hear a graduate job success story. What marks out Kylie Cook’s journey is cake! Rather appropriate for this time of year. Have a listen to the final Learning to Leap podcast for 2015 to find our why. I spoke with Kylie about her job as a consultant with graduate employment specialists, Gradconsult.
Here are some of the varied topics we touched on:
- How working in a bar or restaurant can show off the entrepreneurial flair that small businesses seek.
- The advantages of working for a small business over a larger organisation.
- The value of networking and building relationships.
- How Gradconsult takes a strategic perspective to working with employers and graduates, informed by market intelligence to help bridge the gap between them.
- Kylie’s experience of employers’ bad behaviours and the pitfalls to avoid for graduates when applying for jobs.
- The shift in perspective both employers and graduates need to work on.
- The impact of a leading edge internship scheme that challenges the negative stereotype and is tapping into talent to drive a city’s economic growth.
- What Kylie is learning from the graduate employment business now she’s on the other side of the fence.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year – see you in 2016!