Let’s be honest, the recruitment process is a troubling minefield for many young people today. Understanding how to navigate it is a job in itself. Some employers are also struggling to keep up to date with what works as technology and work cultures evolve at different speeds from each other.
Hop forward Julie Bishop, founder of Jobhop, someone who has learned to leap in the world of social recruiting. She enlightens and challenges us in my latest interview with interesting people in the jobs, careers and employability space.
In this interview, you will hear about:
- Job hopping among young people and why commitment is also an employer issue
- The big change for employers to make in a world gone social
- A mindset shift for young people using social media who want a job
- Why schools should be empowering students with social media
- Ideas for employers to engage with possible candidates through social
Let the social flow and the employer advocacy will grow. Julie Bishop
Check out Julie’s excellent ebook, The Social Jobseeker, at a giveaway price so no excuses for even the cash-strapped. Whether you are a jobseeker or an employer, head to Twitter with your questions for @jobhopjulie.
We’d love to know what you think of the issues we discussed, so get the conversation going in the comments box below. Tune in next month for another stimulating Learning to Leap interview!